TBC Classic Assassination Rogue Guide
Assassination Rogues offer a different playstyle that relies on positioning and a pair of slow daggers. However, they do not bring any additional utility to make up for the difference in damage when compared to Combat Rogues.
TBC Assassination Rogue Rotation
Your goal as an Assassination Rogue is to maintain 100% uptime on
and either 5pt
Slice and Dice
or high uptime on
depending on your assignment. The Combo Point cycles mentioned below are rough guidelines. You will often need to adjust on the fly based on procs, cooldowns, and consumables.
- Maintain (Details in next section).Slice and Dice
- Maintain (Details in next section).Rupture
- Use while stealthed.Garrote
- Use withCold Bloodwhen available.Mutilate
- Use to generate combo points.Mutilate
- Use when you have excess combo points andEviscerateorSlice and Dicedon't need to be refreshed.Rupture
- Use instead ofEnvenomif the target is seconds away from dying, it does more damage but consumes yourEviscerate.Deadly Poison
- Use if yourShivstacks are about to fall off.Deadly Poison
- Maintain on 2 targets.Rupture
- Perform single target rotation.
Combo Point Cycle
- Assassination Rogues should use a 3, 4, or 5 combo point and a 5 combo pointSlice and Dicecycle. You will sometimes waste combo points sinceRupturegenerates 2 combo points, that is okay. AlwaysMutilateat 5 combo points.Rupture
TBC Assassination Rogue Talents
You need two daggers for this build because of
. The faster one equipped in the off-hand.
TBC Assassination Rogue Best Consumables
Flasks and Elixirs
- Flask of Relentless Assault
- Elixir of Major Agility
- Spicy Hot Talbuk
- ,Grilled Mudfish
- Warp Burger
- Haste Potion
- Insane Strength Potion
- ,Windfury Weapon
- Deadly Poison
- ,Instant Poison
- Deadly Poison
- ,Thistle Tea
- ,Scroll of Strength V
- Scroll of Agility V
TBC Assassination Rogue Best Races
- Human: andSword SpecializationMace Specialization
- Night Elf: Higher base Agility.
- Troll: Berserking
- Orc: Blood Fury
- Blood Elf: Arcane Torrent
TBC Assassination Rogue Best Professions
- Leatherworking: Provides 80 haste for 30 seconds with and 60 attack power for 30 seconds withDrums of Battle. The Primalstrike set is only slightly behind our recommended Pre-Raid bis gear.Drums of War
- Enchanting: Provides 4 phyisical damage with two .Ring - Striking
- Jewelcrafting: Provides two unique gems for 24 Attack Power and 12 Crit.
TBC Assassination Rogue Aldor or Scryer
We recommend going Aldor as an Assassination Rogue in TBC Classic. The Aldor shoulder enchant,
, is slightly better than the Scryer
Greater Inscription of Vengeance
. Unfortunately, the dagger provided by Scryers, the
Greater Inscription of the Blade
, is too fast.