TBC Classic karazhan Boss Guides
Attumen the Huntsman
- Tank and spank.
- Begins when Midnight reaches 95% health. Attumen (rider) will spawn near Midnight (horse).
- Have a tank grab each one, positioning them on top of each other but facing away from the raid to avoid .Shadow Cleave
- Everyone except the tanks can stack directly behind the mobs in melee range in preparation for phase 3. Hunters can be at minimum range.
- Focus DPS on Midnight while passively cleaving Attumen.
- Mages and Druids remove from tanks immediately, followed by DPS.Intangible Presence
- Begins when either Attumen or Midnight reaches 25% health.
- They merge into one boss with the HP of the highest one from the previous phase.
- Mages and Druids remove curse from tanks immediately, followed by DPS.Intangible Presence
- Everyone except the main tank stacks directly behind the boss in melee range to avoid . Hunters can be at minimum range.Berserker Charge
- Clear all horse trash before pulling the boss.
- You can reset the fight by running back to the entrance hall.
- Warriors should use onSpell ReflectionandIntangible Presenceon Attumen.Disarm
- Aggro completely resets when every phase begins. Hunters should use then.Misdirection
- There is a repair vendor in the area behind the boss.
- Determine kill order. You should kill Lady Catriona Von'Indi and Lady Keira Berrybuck first since they heal, followed by Baroness Dorothea Millstipe (mana burner), Baron Rafe Dreuger (stunner), Lord Robin Daris, Moroes, then Lord Crispin Ference.
- Separate kill targets and crowd control targets.
- Off-tank should be second on threat on Moroes for when the main tank is hit with and loses threat.Gouge
- DPS should cleave kill targets if possible and interrupt andMana Burn.Greater Heal
- Healers should remove poison and heal targets withBlindon them.Garrote
- Moroes enrages at 30% health.
- Abilities such as ,Stoneform,Divine Shield, andBlessing of Protectioncan removeIce Block.Garrote
- Priests and Hunters can use andShackle Undeadto crowd control adds. Paladins can useFreezing Trap, but be careful since Fear pathing could cause the fight to reset.Turn Evil
- Shamans should keep down to help removePoison Cleansing Totem.Blind
Maiden of Virtue
- Tanks should keep Maiden in the middle of the room where she stands.
- Healers and Ranged DPS spread around the room to avoid chaining .Holy Wrath
- Healers should immediately dispel .Holy Fire
- Ranged should run into a few seconds beforeHoly Groundis cast so the damage will break them free.Repentance
- Main tank should use defensive cooldowns after each cast.Repentance
- Paladins can use andBlessing of Sacrificeto break free of Repentence.Divine Shield
- Shamans can use to absorbGrounding Totem.Holy Fire
- Mages and Rogues can use andIce Blockto removeCloak of Shadows.Holy Fire
Opera Event (Big Bad Wolf)
- When targeted with the debuff, run along the edges of the room and kite The Big Bad Wolf.Little Red Riding Hood
- Tank and spank besides abilities and.Wide Swipe
- Healers focus on the player with the debuff.Little Red Riding Hood
- Shamans can use to remove the fear fromTremor Totem.
- Priests can use to prevent the fear.Fear Ward
- Rogues can , Hunters canVanish, and Paladins can castFeign Deathto help deal withBlessing of Protectiondebuff.Little Red Riding Hood
Opera Event (Wizard of Oz)
- Kill Dorothee first. She has no aggro table. Make sure not to kill Tito while she is alive or else she will enrage.
- Kill Roar next, who will be tanked by the off-tank.
- Kill Strawman next. He can be disoriented by using fire spells. If you have a Mage or Warlock, you can infinitely lock him down with orFireball. The off-tank can help tank him if the disorients are not enough.Incinerate
- Kill Tinhead last, tanked by the main tank. He can be kited after getting high stacks of debuff if needed.Rust
- The Crone will spawn after all 4 bosses have died.
- Avoid and spread out to mitigate damage fromCyclone.Chain Lightning
- Roar can be feared by Warlocks and Hunters.
- Any source of fire damage has a chance to disorient Strawman. ,Flame Shock, andFireballare great options.Incinerate
Opera Event (Romulo and Julianne)
- Interrupt Julianne as much as possible. being the highest priority.Eternal Affection
- Dispel buff.Devotion
- Phase begins when Julianne dies.
- Tank Romulo with his back close to a wall.
- Dispel buff.Daring
- Warriors him on cooldown.Disarm
- Phase begins when Romulo dies and they both resurrect.
- They must die within 10 seconds of each other.
- Melee DPS focus Julianne for interrupts and Ranged DPS focus Romulo.
- Each boss will use the same abilities from Phase 1 and Phase 2.
- Adjust DPS as needed if one target is dying faster than the other.
- Mages can Spellstealbuff to increase their casting speed.Devotion
- Kill Flares as soon as possible. They spawn every 10 seconds.
- Ranged should be 10 yards away each other if possible to avoid the constant chain damage from the Flares.
- Player with the second highest threat, ideally your off-tank, will be hit by throughout the fight. Healers should quickly top them off.Hateful Bolt
- Begins when the 10th Flare spawns and lasts for 20 seconds.
- Quickly kill the last Flare before switching to The Curator.
- Use cooldowns during this phase since his damage taken is tripled.
- Begins when the The Curator reaches 15% health.
- Flares will no longer spawn. Burn the boss.
- will happen more frequently.Hateful Bolt
- Warlocks should cast after the 4th Flare spawns so it deals damage during theCurse of Doomphase.Evocation
- Move the Pawns out of the way to allow your more powerful pieces to move forward.
- Kill the Bishops first since they heal, followed by the Queen and the King.
- Watch out for Medivh's cheats. Move out of the Fire AoE.
- Use your King offensively.
- You can release control of your piece and take over a new piece shortly after.
- Tank Illhoof and Kil'rek near the green circle in the room.
- When Illhoof casts , kill the chains ASAP and heal the targeted player.Sacrifice
- Kill Kil'rek to benefit from the debuff he puts on Illhoof .Broken Pact
- AoE the Imps that spawn from the two portals.
- Mages and Paladins can use andIce Blockto removeDivine Shield.Sacrifice
- Illhoof will target the player before he casts which can help Healers set up HoTs, absorbs, or pre cast heals.Sacrifice
Shade of Aran
- Casters should stand at least 10 yards away from Aran to avoid getting hit by .Counterspell
- Set up an interrupt rotation for andFireballcasts. LetFrostboltgo through.Arcane Missiles
- Healers watch out for players hit by .Dragon's Breath
- Aran has 3 special abilities he casts every 30 - 45 seconds.
- Stop moving before cast finishes. Don't move out of the fire.Flame Wreath
- slowly moves around the room. Avoid it by going to the center or the other side of the room.Circular Blizzard
- After casting , Aran will then start castingMagnetic Pullthat needs to be avoided by running away.Arcane Explosion
- Aran will summon 4 Water Elementals at 40% health. Kill them quickly, or CC them if possible. They need to be tanked.
- At 20% mana, Aran will the entire raid and castPolymorphon everyone dealing significant damage. Healers should quickly top off the raid.Pyroblast
- Warlocks can use orFearon Water Elementals.Banish
- Tanks can wear dps gear since there is no aggro table.
- This phase lasts for 1 minute and will start with 3 portals of different colors (red, green, and blue) spawning in the room.
- 2 tanks and 2 DPS are needed to soak each of the beams each phase.
- After soaking a beam, players will receive the debuff which will prevent them from soaking that color beam for 1 minute and 30 seconds.Nether Exhaustion
- You will need 2 different DPS for the next portal phase, and your tanks will switch colors from red to green and vice versa.
- Tank #1 will soak the Red Beam, moving in and out every 5 stacks. (Once Netherspite has 5 stacks, move back in).
- Tank #2 will soak the Green Beam for the entire phase.
- DPS #1 will soak the Blue Beam for 20 stacks, then the second DPS will soak it for the rest of the phase.
- Netherspite will get stacking damage reduction, heal, and spell damage increase if hit by the Red, Blue, and Green beams respectively,
- Entire raid takes AoE damage from .Nether Burn
- Everyone should move out of immediately.Void Zone
- Healers will mainly be focusing on the DPS soaking the Blue Beam as they will take increased damage from spells and receive reduced healing based on their stacks.
- Begins when Netherspite banishes, turning into a shadowy form. Lasts for 30 seconds.
- andNether Burnwill stop.Void Zone
- Netherspite will cast on random players.Netherbreath
- Simply run to the far back side of the room away from Netherspite to avoid everything.
- When the Banish Phase ends, aggro completely resets. The assigned tank needs to pick up Netherspite immediately and move to the red portal.
- Portals will always spawn in the same location but the colors will randomly change each Portal Phase.
- Netherspite doesn't cleave or tail swipe like most dragons.
- The Red Beam will instantly give you 31k max health, and reduce your damage taken, increase your defense, and reduce your max health by 1k with every tick.
- The Blue Beam increases your damage, but reduces healing received, and increases damage taken by spells with every tick.
- The Green Beam increases healing done, reduces spell and ability costs, but reduces your maximum mana by 200 with every tick.
- A Healer can soak the Green Beam instead of the off tank if you need help keeping the DPS soaking the Blue Beam alive.
- Paladins should use and Priests should useShadow Resistance Aura.Shadow Protection
- Hunters should use when each Portal Phase begins.Misdirection
- Tank should always have their back against the wall to avoid the knockback from .Shadow Nova
- Every 45 seconds, an Infernal that continuously casts Hellfire around itself spawns in a random location.
- Ranged should always stand 30+ yards away from the boss to avoid , especially when affected by theShadow Novadebuff.Enfeeble
- Melee should run out to avoid .Shadow Nova
- Healers should dispel .Shadow Word: Pain
- Begins when Prince reaches 60% health. He gains access to ,Thrash, andParry.Sunder Armor
- The tank will take a lot of damage during this phase and should be healers' focus.
- is no longer casted during this phase.Shadow Word: Pain
- Infernals will still spawn, as well as andEnfeeblecasts.Shadow Nova
- Begins when Prince reaches 30% health. Prince returns to phase 1 abilities with the addition of and Flying Axes.Amplify Damage
- Infernals spawn more frequently. You will run out of space after about 2 minutes.
- Healers focus on players randomly targeted by Flying Axes.
- Adjust position accordingly based on Infernal spawns.
- If you run out of room during Phase 3, it is better to get hit by a than Infernals.Shadow Nova
- Priests and Retribution Paladins must avoid using andShadow Word: Deathrespectively when affected bySeal of Blood.Enfeeble
- Tank should always have their back against the wall facing the outside.
- Melee should stand on the side of Nightbane to avoid both andSmoldering Breath.Tail Sweep
- Ranged should stand at max range to avoid .Bellowing Roar
- Everyone should move out of if it spawns beneath you.Charred Earth
- Healers should dispel immediately.Distracting Ash
- Begins when Nightbane reaches 75%, 50%, and 25% health.
- DPS should focus on the skeletons that spawn from .Rain of Bones
- Healers should heal the player who gets targeted by . It will deal damage every second for about 15 seconds. The target is based on threat.Smoking Blast
- Everyone should stand close to the boss to prevent the entire raid from getting constantly hit with fireballs.
- Nightbane lands back on the ground after casting andRain of Bones. He cannot be taunted.Smoking Blast
- Shamans can use to remove the fear fromTremor Totem.Bellowing Roar
- Priests can use to prevent the fear.Fear Ward
- If timed correctly, Warriors can switch to and useBerserker Stanceto prevent the fear.Berserker Rage
- Be on your toes when the tank gets feared in order to avoid getting hit by ,Tail Sweep, orCleave.Smoldering Breath
- Hunters should use each time Nightbane lands.Misdirection